The City of Regina is hosting Leaf & Yard Depots this spring! Bring your grass clippings, leaves, plants, twigs and more to one of the depots on Saturdays from May 3 – June 7. They will make sure the waste is diverted from the landfill and turned into compost! See below for more information.
Yard waste must be in paper bags or reusable containers that can be emptied on site. To avoid delays and unnecessary plastic waste, please do not bring yard waste in plastic bags.
I have provided a list of retailers that sell paper yard waste bags at the end of this post.
Saturdays beginning May 3rd until June 7th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
** Please note that depots are open on Saturdays only. Please do not dump materials at depot locations when closed.
- NW – Real Canadian Superstore @ 4450 Rochdale Blvd (East parking lot near the blue recycling bins)
- SW – Optimist Arena @ 222 Sunset Dr
- SE – Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre @ 3130 Woodhams Dr
- Central – Regina Container Shop @ 500 Arcola Ave ** This is the least busy depot location **
- Grass clippings
- Plants & flowers
- Garden waste (plant and vegetable waste)
- Bush/shrub trimmings
- Branches that are less than one metre long or 3.75 cm in diameter
- Branches from elm trees (leaves are allowed)
- Sand, gravel and rocks
- Full trees and logs
- Kitchen food waste
WHERE TO BUY PAPER YARD BAGS
- ** Canadian Tire **
- They always have paper yard waste bags in their seasonal section or their garbage bag aisle
- Home Depot
- Home Hardware
- London Drugs
I was also told that the following retailer also have paper yard bags:
- Peavey Mart
- London Drugs
Check out the link to the City of Regina website for more information.
Green Guerrilla Sustainability